Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Disadvantage of technology gadgets for kids

 ITUpdate

The continued growth of technology gives us a better life and making things easy in almost everything; home, work, travel, and more. I remember when I bought my kids his very own smart phone and android tablet. I thought it will be an advantage for him having those stuff for us for communication purposes and for him to stay in one place while playing with his tablet.

After a few months, I noticed that he is staying up late even though we told him to get to sleep, he just prevent to sleep then go back playing and watching video when we're asleep, I told him to stop watching those videos because of the bad words I'm hearing but I didn't ask him to quit playing it.

As years go by, he manages to stop or maybe watch the videos not so often but the bad thing is, his eye sight got very poor. We went to ophthalmologists and find out his eye sight went down to -200 at age 9. So, we decided to keep the gadgets out of his sight but he still manages to find ways to play and watch videos on YouTube.

I guess it's too late for us to bring back his normal eye sight, I don't want to blame the technology, I guess this is one of the disadvantages of technology but it's up to us (adults/parents) on how we use the technology for our kids. I suggest, don't let your children use gadgets on early stage, if not, make sure take control of the use and monitor them more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment